This state of alarm is declared to contain the spread of infections caused by SARS-Cov-2. It is not a state of alarm like the previous one, the main difference is that home confinement of the population is not foreseen.
Its entry into force was from October 25, 2020, until November 9, 2020, but the Government has obtained the aproval of the Parliament for a prolongation of this state of alarm until May 9, 2021.
The state of alarm may end before May 9, 2021, as long as the Government and its group of experts, who follow scientific and technical criteria, consider that the time necessary to bend the contagion curve has elapsed and thus, the advance of the pandemic has been slowed down.
The Autonomous Communities will be competent to decide whether to mandate a general confinement for the population (domiciliary) based on the data on the progress of the disease in each Autonomous Community. In any case, the government’s request is that the population stay at home as much as possible, with less mobility, fewer contacts and fewer possibilities of contagion.
Night mobility restriction:
The state of alarm initially consists of a curfew throughout the national territory that runs from 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. During the rest of the day, the population can circulate for any purpose, but each Autonomous Community can advance or delay the start time of the curfew, so it could start between 22:00 and 00:00 hours, and end between 5:00 and 7:00 hours.
Exceptionally, the Canary Islands will not have a curfew.
In the case of the Valencian Community, the curfew will be from 00:00 to 6:00.
The exceptions to the curfew which will permit exiting the house will be for the following justified causes:
- Acquisition of medicines, health products and other essential goods.
- Assistance to health centres, services and establishments.
- Assistance to veterinary care centres for emergency reasons.
- Compliance with labour, professional, business, institutional or legal obligations.
- Return to the place of habitual residence after carrying out any of the indicated activities
- Assistance and care for the elderly, minors, dependents, people with disabilities or especially vulnerable people.
- Due to force majeure or situation of need.
- Any other activity of a similar nature, duly accredited.
- Refuelling at gas stations or service stations, when necessary to carry out the activities previously planned.
To carry out the activities previously listed, it will be allowed:
- The circulation of private vehicles, taxis or any other public service vehicle that is used to get to where the activities are going to be carried out.
- The circulation of vehicles for the supply of economic activities, which, by their nature, must be carried out at night.
- And the circulation of personnel and vehicles in charge of cleaning the public thoroughfare, and collecting urban waste.
Each Community will decide if there is free movement in its territory or if there will be perimeter confinements (neighbourhood, city, district, province, etc.) within the Community itself. They will also be competent to decide to close its territory to other Autonomies, but allowing exceptional displacements for work, educational or medical reasons.
The Autonomous Communities can limit the assistants to social gatherings in both public and private spaces, with a maximum limit of six people in any case, unless they are living together. It is recommended to hold these meetings in open and well-ventilated spaces, and cancelling or postponing any family or social activity that is not considered essential and can be postponed, limiting your social activity as much as possible.
With the prolongation of the state of until May 9, 2021, it is likely that the Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve parties will have to be celebrated only between the members of each household due to the curfew. Notwithstanding, estate and regional governments might take new measures before these special dates arrive.
In acts and events, the capacity established until now is maintained.
The gardens and outdoor recreation areas will be open between 8:00 and 22:00.
In the hotel and restaurant sector:
- The closing time will be at 00:00 hours without being able to accept orders from 23:00 hours.
- The capacity established so far is maintained. Consumption will always be at the table and seated. The bars cannot be used other than to place an order or pick it up.
- The occupation of tables or groups of tables will be of six people maximum. The minimum distance between tables will continue to be the same.
- The use of masks is mandatory at all times except for consumption.
- There will be strict compliance with the ventilation and air conditioning measures in interior spaces.
Sale and consumption of alcohol:
- The sale of alcohol is prohibited between 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m., except in hotels and restaurants.
- In any case, the consumption of alcohol on public roads is prohibited at all times except in the hotel and restaurant industry in the aforementioned conditions.